Terms & Conditions
1-3 Days – 250 miles per day
4 Days plus – unlimited mileage
Weekend rental (Fri 4.00pm to Mon 9.00am) – 600 miles.
Economy & Compact groups– 4p per mile
Midsize to Family Plus – 7p per mile
Executive and People Carriers – 10p per mile.
Minimum hire period is 4 hours subject to availability. 4 Hour and Evening hires incur per mile fuel charge. Mileage allowance:
1 Day plus – 250 miles per day.
Economy & Group A – 10p per mile
Group B – 12p per mile
Group C, D & E – 15p per mile.
One Way Hires
We reserve the right to refuse hire and to cancel bookings due to inclement weather and operational problems outwith their control. We also reserve the right to change terms and conditions without notice.
The price of a vehicle hire rental is inclusive of VAT & insurance.
The excess/liability is £500 for all vehicles. This is not paid in advance; it is only taken in the event of an accident or damage during the period of hire. You may, if you wish, waiver this excess, at the branch, at a cost of £10 per day or £50 per week when you collect the vehicle.
Our vehicles are not insured for use in Northern Ireland, Eire and mainland Europe. Insurance is valid for all of Scotland includding all the islands as well as England and Wales.
Our Insurance Covers
- Third Party Liability unlimited (including passengers in hired vehicle)
- Full repairs to rental vehicle (excluding excess)
- Breakdown recovery
- Theft of vehicle and accessories (excluding excess)
- Cover would default if the necessary security precautions were not implemented i.e. if the keys were left in the ignition or the radio front was left in the vehicle.
- We reserve the right to increase the excess with each incident.
- The standard excess is £500, however, a higher excess may be applied in certain circumstances.
Our Insurance Does Not Cover
- Theft of property within the vehicle
- Drivers of hired vehicle's personal injury or loss of life (own insurance would have to cover this).
- All drivers must hold and produce a full category British Driving Licence for the type of vehicle hired and proof of their address. If a new style British driving licence is held, both parts must be shown.
- Overseas visitors must produce a valid Domestic Licence and/or International Driving Permit and valid passport.
- UK visitors must produce proof of address, e.g. utility account or bank statement.
- Licence/Permit must be valid for the current period of the rental and have been held for a minimum of 12 months.
- A licence may have a restriction to the number of seats on a vehicle, which the licence holder is entitled to drive. For most European countries this is 8 plus driver.
- Any penalty points should be notified.
Driving in the UK
Driving on the Left
- Always give way to all traffic from your right.
- Travel clockwise (even if it means you have to go all the way round to get to your junction).
Driving Licence and Insurance
The holder of an overseas driving licence may, for a period of up to one year, drive a motor vehicle in Britain . Visitors bringing their own cars from overseas require green-card insurance and the car registration documents.
Drinking & Driving
You are strongly advised not to drink and drive. If caught and convicted, the criminal penalties are severe.
Unless otherwise signposted, speed limits on UK roads are:
Motorway Dual Carriageway Single Carriageway Built Up Areas
Unmarked police cars patrol regularly and remote speed cameras are positioned on many roads.
Many fuel stations throughout the country are open 24 hours a day and all provide unleaded and lead-replacement petrol and diesel. In remote areas, distances between stations are greater and opening hours may be shorter. Fuel is priced and sold by the litre.
It is compulsory to wear seat belts, both front and rear. Small children and babies must be restrained in a appropriate child seat or carrier. Child seats should be ordered when you book your car.
Pick-up & Drop-off
- Why book with us?
- Personal, friendly advice from expert local team
- Currently 23 branches all over Scotland
- Competitive prices, incl. insurance
- One-way hires available